Happiness is not something you obtain through money, cars, houses or physical things. It’s something you to learn to obtain through loving yourself. You first have to love yourself before you can love others. This is one of the hardest skills to get but you can do it if you put your mind to it. Here are some useful tips to help obtain happiness:
1. Surround yourself with good people. Nobody likes a Debby Downer or a selfish person…surround yourself with good genuine selfless people who will always be there for you.
2. Think about somethings that you are super grateful for. Is it life in general? Is it your family, your friends, or your dog? Take a mental note of somethings important to you in your life.
3. Think about your favorite memories, or happy or funny times. I love love looking back at times I was the happiest. Figure out how to bring that happiness back into the present.
4. Don’t hold grudges. Did a friend or family member do something (minor-ish) to upset you? If they come back as the bigger person, accept the apology and move on. After all, you don’t want to be miserable about something your whole life. Life is so short, its not worth it.
5. Give more than you receive. It is so so important to give back. Whether it’s being there for a friend or volunteering at a soup kitchen, being there for someone else is so rewarding in itself.
6. Positive Affirmation. This is a really hard skill to obtain, that I am still even working on it. If you question yourself about if you’re skinny enough or pretty enough or your worth–stop it! Know that you are worth it, and people will and do love you for who you are.